- Opportunities to interact with other CME professionals in Texas who are working in a variety of capacities with providers in medical schools, community hospitals, and healthcare system settings.
- A collegial organization of CME professionals who interact via email, telephone, or in person at regional and annual meetings.
- A Listserv providing members the opportunity to exchange information regarding hot topics, provider updates, questions, and job postings.
- Experienced CME professionals who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise with newcomers by responding to questions and inquiries
- Direct newcomers to CME resources
- Educational opportunities throughout the year providing opportunities for knowledge of CME and professional growth
- Annual 3-day conference that rotates between regions in the state each June focusing on accreditation issues, what’s new in CME, and issues affecting provider practices
- The members-only section of the website includes valuable links and resources along with information about the organizational structure, member contact information, and serves as a communication vehicle for the membership via the Listserv.
- Members-only blog allows for discussion of current and relevant issues in accreditation and continuing education.
- Free member’s newsletter that serves as a communication tool for membership to be updated, regional news, educational events, and notable achievements of the membership, etc.
- Opportunities for scholarships for CME educational activities
- Participation in CME research projects
- Opportunities for professional growth through participation on committees and service in leadership roles